Staying ahead of the curve in the constantly evolving digital ad landscape isn’t easy. So it’s no surprise that Amy Shih, a Product Specialist for Doubleclick and Ad Exchange at Google, spoke to a packed room at #BlogHer17. She shared how Google is creating a better advertising ecosystem with bloggers and with Google Certified Publishing Partners, like the SheKnows Partner Network.
Here are a few highlights from her talk:
CREATING SUSTAINABLE AD REVENUE
Google’s mission is to help publishers thrive and create sustainable businesses with advertising. How do they do this? Better experiences drive greater revenue resulting in sustainable businesses.
- Deliver great advertising on every screen
- Connect with advertisers in better ways
- Get the highest value for every impression
- Cultivate a healthy ad ecosystem
- 53% of visitors leave a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 70% longer average sessions, 35% lower bounce rates, and 25% higher viewability were observed for mobile sites that load in 5 seconds (compares to sites that load in 19 seconds)
- 2x more revenue was observed for sites that loaded in 5 seconds instead of 19 seconds
- (source: Google Data 2016)
The Certified Publishing Partners badge lets you know you’re working with someone who has been carefully vetted by Google. Not only have they passed Google’s product certification exams, but they’ve also established a successful track record of helping publishers like you succeed. Learn more about the program here.
Want to join the SheKnows Partner Network? Apply today!