Trending Topics to Write About This Holiday Season
By Lindsay Valdez
- Mar 12, 2019 5 Strategies for Building a Successful Brand
- May 24, 2019 Should You Accept Guest Posts?
- May 1, 2019 What to Write About in May
- Mar 1, 2019 What to Write About in March
- Jan 29, 2019 Benefits of Content Syndication Partnerships
- Jan 8, 2019 SHE Media Partner Network Editorial Guidelines
- Nov 15, 2018 Trending Topics to Write About This Holiday Season
- Mar 25, 2019 Data Privacy. A Competitive Advantage?
- May 22, 2019 What is RPM & Why it’s Important to Know
- May 21, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Leite with Leite's Culinaria
- Mar 4, 2019 Partner Spotlight: Justine Schwartz with SheFinds
- Jun 27, 2018 What is the Difference Between CPM vs. RPM?
- Jun 3, 2019 Did Google Update Their Algorithm? Google Algorithm Updates in 2019:
- Apr 2, 2019 How to Optimize Your E-Commerce Product Pages to Maximize SEO Visibility
- Feb 24, 2019 How to Optimize Your Content for Better Search Ranking
- Feb 17, 2019 What is the Future of Google News?
- Feb 8, 2019 #BlogHer Health ’19 Panel Recap: It’s All About That SEO!
- Jan 31, 2019 How to Keep Your Website Content Fresh for Better Search Traffic
- Jan 29, 2019 Canonical Tags Best Practices for Publishers
- Sep 27, 2018 Our Take on UberSuggest 2.0 by Neil Patel
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash
- Sep 6, 2018 Case Study: How One Publisher Increased Their Organic Traffic by Almost 40%
- Jun 17, 2019 3 Tips to Make Sure Your Influencer Marketing Works
- May 7, 2019 Instagram Unlikable? A Brief Analysis of the Impact of the Proposed “Unliking” of Instagram
- Feb 10, 2019 What Google Says About Sponsored Content on Your Blog
- Jan 3, 2019 Top Pinterest Trends for 2019
- Nov 2, 2018 5 November Search Trends from Pinterest
- Aug 30, 2018 5 Tips for Becoming a Mega Instagram Influencer and Creating Your Brand
- Aug 30, 2018 Top SEO Tips for Beginner Bloggers
- Feb 26, 2019 Installing and Configuring SHE Media Infuse
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash
- Jun 29, 2018 Installing Your SHE Media Partner Network Ad Code
- Jun 29, 2018 Adding a Leaderboard/Banner Ad in Blogger
- Jun 27, 2018 Improving Viewability with a “Sticky Widget” in WordPress
- Jun 27, 2018 Changing Your Publisher Network Blog Title and/or URL
- Jun 27, 2018 Ads.txt for Blogger and SquareSpace Sites
It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away!! And that in six weeks, 2018 will come to an end. But between now and then, we first have to get through the holiday season. As a follow up to my last post, November Search Trends from Pinterest, let’s dig into some early holiday trending topics from Pinterest. First published in the Pinterest Newsroom, here are some hot trending topics to help build out your December content calendar.
First up, food bloggers! Now is your time of year, all the yummy recipes you get to cook, photograph and share! And just like last year, what’s trending is a mix of traditional recipes and those on the healthier side. So, let’s look at what recipes people are most interested in.
1. Dutch apple pie – when I click through to one Pinterest recipe, variations of this topic that appear below include ‘the best apple pie recipe’, ‘2-ingredient apple pie cups’ and ‘old-fashioned apple crisp’.
2. Soft gingerbread cookies – there are several creative ways that people are searching for gingerbread cookies: ‘hanging gingerbread cookie recipe’, ‘homemade gingerbread cookies’ and ‘pumpkin gingerbread cookies’.
3. Vegan mashed potatoes – it seems like vegan and vegetarian search queries are on the rise. Other popular searches of this realm include ‘the best vegan stuffing’, ‘vegan broccoli cheese soup’ and ‘vegan spinach puffs’.
4. Cranberry brie bites
5. Cranberry orange meatballs (perhaps cranberry is the trending flavor this holiday season?)
6. Mini cheese ball bites
7. M&M Christmas cookie bars – I’ve already been seeing this recipe everywhere! Other interesting dessert recipes I see trending include ‘kris kringle crinkles’, ‘christmas lasagna’ and ‘christmas cookie cups’
Food related search terms up more than 200% YoY include ‘party appetizers for a crowd’, ‘finger food ideas’ and ‘holiday dessert ideas’.
Next up, the DIY & home décor bloggers! People searching for holiday décor ideas is continuing to rise.
1. Fairy lights – also searched for as ‘twinkle lights’ or ‘string lights’. People are mainly looking for where to buy them and ideas on how to hang them.
2. Temporary tattoo ornaments – There are lots of great ornament related how-to content to be made this year, so get creative! People (especially parents or is that just me?) love to make Christmas ornaments. Trending terms I see include ‘diy ornaments’, ‘unicorn ornaments’ and ‘disney princess inspired ornaments’.
3. Zero-waste gift wrapping
4. Creative table napkins
Ending the list with the shopping and fashion bloggers! Most people have at least one (let’s be honest – usually there’s multiple) holiday related parties to attend each year. People turn to Google and Pinterest for ideas on what to wear as well as what to buy for their fashionable friends.
1. Popcorn cardigans – not sure what that is? I wasn’t either, but now that I see one I’ll definitely be adding that to my Christmas list.
2. Faux leather, faux feathers
3. Sequins and shimmer EVERYTHING!
For even more trending topics on Pinterest, along with tons of great Pinterest boards, read the full piece here: 2018 Pinterest holi-YAY report.