Partner Spotlight: Justine Schwartz with SheFinds
By Lindsay Valdez
- Aug 6, 2019 What to Write About in August
- Jul 2, 2019 What to Write About in July
- May 1, 2019 What to Write About in May
- Mar 1, 2019 What to Write About in March
- Jan 29, 2019 Benefits of Content Syndication Partnerships
- Jan 8, 2019 SHE Media Partner Network Editorial Guidelines
- Nov 15, 2018 Trending Topics to Write About This Holiday Season
- Mar 25, 2019 Data Privacy. A Competitive Advantage?
- Aug 2, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: Kevin Lee Jacobs
- Jul 17, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: Jennifer Moss of BabyNames.com
- Jun 26, 2019 How to Survive (and Thrive) as a Blogger in 2019
- Jun 22, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Lebovitz
- May 22, 2019 What is RPM & Why it’s Important to Know
- May 21, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Leite with Leite's Culinaria
- Mar 4, 2019 Partner Spotlight: Justine Schwartz with SheFinds
- Jun 27, 2018 What is the Difference Between CPM vs. RPM?
- Jul 12, 2019 Google News: 5 Tips on How to Get Approved
- Jun 3, 2019 Did Google Update Their Algorithm? Google Algorithm Updates in 2019:
- Apr 2, 2019 How to Optimize Your E-Commerce Product Pages to Maximize SEO Visibility
- Feb 17, 2019 What is the Future of Google News?
- Feb 8, 2019 #BlogHer Health ’19 Panel Recap: It’s All About That SEO!
- Jan 31, 2019 How to Keep Your Website Content Fresh for Better Search Traffic
- Jan 29, 2019 Canonical Tags Best Practices for Publishers
- Sep 27, 2018 Our Take on UberSuggest 2.0 by Neil Patel
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash
- Sep 6, 2018 Case Study: How One Publisher Increased Their Organic Traffic by Almost 40%
- Jun 24, 2019 The Benefits of being instagram verified
- Jun 23, 2019 The changing nature of influence – from Lil Miquela to Fashion Ambitionist
- Jun 17, 2019 3 Tips to Make Sure Your Influencer Marketing Works
- May 7, 2019 Instagram Unlikable? A Brief Analysis of the Impact of the Proposed “Unliking” of Instagram
- Jan 3, 2019 Top Pinterest Trends for 2019
- Nov 2, 2018 5 November Search Trends from Pinterest
- Aug 30, 2018 5 Tips for Becoming a Mega Instagram Influencer and Creating Your Brand
- Aug 30, 2018 Top SEO Tips for Beginner Bloggers
- Feb 26, 2019 Installing and Configuring SHE Media Infuse
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash
- Jun 29, 2018 Installing Your SHE Media Partner Network Ad Code
- Jun 29, 2018 Adding a Leaderboard/Banner Ad in Blogger
- Jun 27, 2018 Improving Viewability with a “Sticky Widget” in WordPress
- Jun 27, 2018 Changing Your Publisher Network Blog Title and/or URL
- Jun 27, 2018 Ads.txt for Blogger and SquareSpace Sites
With the SHE Media Partner Network growing in record numbers, we’ve decided it’s time to showcase some of then here on the blog! I’ve had the pleasure of working with Justine Schwartz, of SheFinds.com since 2016. Our main goal over the past few years has been to increase organic traffic to SheFinds but in 2019, we’re excited to expand our partnership even further.
Hi Justine! First, tell us a little about yourself.
I’m the editorial lead at SheFinds, which means I run pitch meetings, set our quarterly traffic goals and generally guide the growth strategy and content. But our team is small so I also write posts on the daily. I’m also a mom of two and a “Real Housewives” fanatic. Actually, make that all things Bravo fanatic.
Tell us about SheFinds.com.
SheFinds is the brainchild of Michelle Madhok, an online shopping expert from back when online shopping was just starting to become a thing. Her vision was to create a website that provided a service to busy women and a company where they’d want to work. I think she’s accomplished both. To this day (15 years later) we still write about things that women can buy or do or try to improve their lives in some way. This can be anything from finding that pair of shoes you’ve been eyeing on sale, to learning how to (finally) contour your makeup.
What audience are you reaching and how are they finding you?
Our audience is mostly women, aged 25-44. Our top referral sources of traffic vary between discovery-driven social channels like Pinterest, news readers like Flipboard and good old-fashioned Google.
What are some of your publisher goals in 2019?
We want to put more skin in the game of commerce-driven content, and we want them to come via organic search. We want our timely stories to appear on even more news readers and apps. We want to diversify our traffic sources so that we can maintain growth no matter who changes their algorithm and when.
What editorial challenges have you experiences in the past year?
Chasing the news apps like Flipboard and Smart News is challenging because you start from scratch each day. In an ideal world, you would be able to focus on those big surges, while also maintaining a steady flow from sources like search.
Describe your experience working with SHE Media.
We have worked closely with She Media’s audience development lead Lindsay Valdez to develop our SEO strategy, through monthly and sometimes weekly calls. Lindsay has helped us learn new tools for keyword research, helped us determine which analytics tool to purchase (SEMRush) and how to track keywords.
Describe what you’ve learned since working with our SEO team.
I’ve learned about addictive SEO tools like Answer The Public. I’ve learned about going after second page terms, and having more patience with your strategy. And I’ve learned about that wonderful thing called refreshing content. It doesn’t always have to be a new story (thank God!).