SHE Media Partner Network Member Guide
By Christina McMenemy
- Mar 12, 2019 5 Strategies for Building a Successful Brand Mar 12, 2019
- Jul 15, 2019 What to Write About in August Jul 15, 2019
- Jul 2, 2019 What to Write About in July Jul 2, 2019
- May 24, 2019 Should You Accept Guest Posts? May 24, 2019
- May 1, 2019 What to Write About in May May 1, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 What to Write About in March Mar 1, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 Benefits of Content Syndication Partnerships Jan 29, 2019
- Jan 8, 2019 SHE Media Partner Network Editorial Guidelines Jan 8, 2019
- Nov 15, 2018 Trending Topics to Write About This Holiday Season Nov 15, 2018
- Mar 25, 2019 Data Privacy. A Competitive Advantage? Mar 25, 2019
- May 29, 2019 How to start the conversation with brands & having the confidence to ask for the cash May 29, 2019
- Jul 17, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: Jennifer Moss of BabyNames.com Jul 17, 2019
- Jun 26, 2019 How to Survive (and Thrive) as a Blogger in 2019 Jun 26, 2019
- Jun 22, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Lebovitz Jun 22, 2019
- May 22, 2019 What is RPM & Why it’s Important to Know May 22, 2019
- May 21, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Leite with Leite's Culinaria May 21, 2019
- Mar 4, 2019 Partner Spotlight: Justine Schwartz with SheFinds Mar 4, 2019
- Jun 27, 2018 What is the Difference Between CPM vs. RPM? Jun 27, 2018
- Jul 12, 2019 Google News: 5 Tips on How to Get Approved Jul 12, 2019
- Jun 3, 2019 Did Google Update Their Algorithm? Google Algorithm Updates in 2019: Jun 3, 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 How to Optimize Your E-Commerce Product Pages to Maximize SEO Visibility Apr 2, 2019
- Feb 24, 2019 How to Optimize Your Content for Better Search Ranking Feb 24, 2019
- Feb 17, 2019 What is the Future of Google News? Feb 17, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 #BlogHer Health ’19 Panel Recap: It’s All About That SEO! Feb 8, 2019
- Jan 31, 2019 How to Keep Your Website Content Fresh for Better Search Traffic Jan 31, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 Canonical Tags Best Practices for Publishers Jan 29, 2019
- Sep 27, 2018 Our Take on UberSuggest 2.0 by Neil Patel Sep 27, 2018
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash Sep 14, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Case Study: How One Publisher Increased Their Organic Traffic by Almost 40% Sep 6, 2018
- Jun 24, 2019 The Benefits of being instagram verified Jun 24, 2019
- Jun 23, 2019 The changing nature of influence – from Lil Miquela to Fashion Ambitionist Jun 23, 2019
- Jun 17, 2019 3 Tips to Make Sure Your Influencer Marketing Works Jun 17, 2019
- May 7, 2019 Instagram Unlikable? A Brief Analysis of the Impact of the Proposed “Unliking” of Instagram May 7, 2019
- Feb 10, 2019 What Google Says About Sponsored Content on Your Blog Feb 10, 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Top Pinterest Trends for 2019 Jan 3, 2019
- Nov 2, 2018 5 November Search Trends from Pinterest Nov 2, 2018
- Aug 30, 2018 5 Tips for Becoming a Mega Instagram Influencer and Creating Your Brand Aug 30, 2018
- Aug 30, 2018 Top SEO Tips for Beginner Bloggers Aug 30, 2018
- Feb 26, 2019 Installing and Configuring SHE Media Infuse Feb 26, 2019
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash Sep 14, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Installing Your SHE Media Partner Network Ad Code Jun 29, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Adding a Leaderboard/Banner Ad in Blogger Jun 29, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Improving Viewability with a “Sticky Widget” in WordPress Jun 27, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Changing Your Publisher Network Blog Title and/or URL Jun 27, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Ads.txt for Blogger and SquareSpace Sites Jun 27, 2018
Welcome to the SHE Media family! Since 2006, the SHE Media Partner Network, formerly the BlogHer Publishing Network, has delivered high-quality revenue opportunities generated by display advertising, sponsored content, social media campaigns, video opportunities, and more. We’re delighted you’re here!
This Member Guide covers our network policies and benefits. If you have questions or just want to connect with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
When you enter into a contract with us, your content remains your content, and your blog remains your blog. Below is a plain-English version of the obligations we each agree to when we become partners.
As your partner, SHE Media will:
Deliver display advertising via Boomerang, our exclusive ad wrapper, which is super fast, fully asynchronous, and set up to deliver our high-CPM direct-sold campaigns as well as top inventory from over a dozen of the best programmatic exchanges.
Provide you with final approval of your ad placement. We may request changes to meet viewability performance or advertiser expectations.
Pay you 75% of the gross revenue from all open-marketplace programmatic campaigns your site serves, and 50% of the gross revenue from all direct-sold, private marketplace, and international campaigns.
Set up native (in-content) ads for your site. Native ads travel from desktop to tablet to mobile and adapt to all screen sizes.
Help you optimize for mobile. We can help publishers on any platform with ad optimization.
Work with you to improve your viewability ratings.
Provide revenue reports that include ad volume, net revenue, CPM, viewability scores, and more. Reports are generally complete 35 days after the close of the month, and it’s important to note that there is a 48 hour reporting delay.
Send your ad revenue at the end of two months after the close of the month when it was earned, as long as the balance is $20 or more. If it isn’t, we will roll it forward until it reaches $20. For example, your January revenue is paid at the end of March. We send U.S. residents a 1099 if payments total $600 or more during a calendar year. U.S.-based publishers (or those with banks in the U.S.) are paid via ACH (direct deposit). All members outside of the United States are paid by PayPal.
Allow you to opt in to be considered for sponsored content and programs. We select bloggers based on sponsor criteria and each program’s goals. We cannot guarantee that every interested blogger will be matched with a sponsored program. Bloggers outside the USA may not be eligible for the majority of traditional review programs, due to shipping times, product availability, and legal issues.
Periodically survey your readers in order in to represent your audience accurately and sell ads for that audience successfully. We’ll keep those surveys brief. We own any research data we compile while you are a member of the SHE Media Partner Network.
As our partner, you will:
Display the ad units as specified in the contract. On desktop, this includes 5 ads units – which may be a combination of display ads and native ads. Mobile needs to have at least two placements as well. You’ll likely want additional ad units, and we have several to choose from. We will provide you with additional information when you’re ready to select and install your ad units.
Install the ad tags exactly as provided. They cannot be passed through third-party or other ad serving code.
Assign your traffic to us in comScore. Your traffic is still your own, and your own analytics tracker will capture all your data, this just allows us to represent you across the digital marketplace.
Follow our Editorial Guidelines, and understand that we may update them from time to time. We’ll always let you know directly if we make changes.
Maintain your high standard of content, and keep your content fresh by publishing on a regular schedule, preferably at least twice a week.
Allow us to promote your blog through sites owned by SHE Media and/or Penske Media Corporation (our parent company), through our social media channels and in our newsletters.
Refrain from re-publishing a significant quantity of your posts on any other blog, or creating a duplicate of your site. Our advertisers want to sponsor your excellent original content. : )
Clearly label and disclose editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, and/or contains paid advertising links. Please review the FTC disclosure guide. Our team is here to answer any questions you may have about this policy!
Pay your own taxes on the income you receive from us. (We’ll provide a 1099 to sites who are paid $600 or more in a calendar year.)
Refrain from installing ad tags from other networks. If you have a question about affiliate links, or other sorts of non-network ads, please let us know. Members with an older, non-exclusive contract (from July 2016 or earlier) may install ads from some other providers, so long as those providers aren’t asking for exclusivity and/or a comScore Traffic Assignment Letter. Please contact us to verify if you may use ads from other sources anywhere on the site, as there may be contract conflicts or technical challenges that could affect your revenue.
Let us know ASAP if you’ve made any changes to your site – from design, platform moves, URL changes and rebranding. We can help make sure your ads remain current and let you know how these changes can affect your revenue.
Let us know ASAP if something is broken and we’ll get right on it. If we ask you to fix something, please do your best to fix it as soon as possible.
Lastly, this is a six month contract, and begins on the day you agree to it. It will automatically renew for an additional term every six months. If you do not wish to renew, you must send written notice within the first four months of the contract (at least 60 days prior to your automatic renewal date). Contracts signed before July of 2016 have a one year term, with the same auto-renewal process. Please contact us for more details if you have a question about an older contract.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!