5 Tips for Becoming a Mega Instagram Influencer and Creating Your Brand
By Lindsay Valdez
- Aug 6, 2019 What to Write About in August Aug 6, 2019
- Jul 2, 2019 What to Write About in July Jul 2, 2019
- May 1, 2019 What to Write About in May May 1, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 What to Write About in March Mar 1, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 Benefits of Content Syndication Partnerships Jan 29, 2019
- Jan 8, 2019 SHE Media Partner Network Editorial Guidelines Jan 8, 2019
- Nov 15, 2018 Trending Topics to Write About This Holiday Season Nov 15, 2018
- Mar 25, 2019 Data Privacy. A Competitive Advantage? Mar 25, 2019
- May 29, 2019 How to start the conversation with brands & having the confidence to ask for the cash May 29, 2019
- Aug 2, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: Kevin Lee Jacobs Aug 2, 2019
- Jul 17, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: Jennifer Moss of BabyNames.com Jul 17, 2019
- Jun 26, 2019 How to Survive (and Thrive) as a Blogger in 2019 Jun 26, 2019
- Jun 22, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Lebovitz Jun 22, 2019
- May 22, 2019 What is RPM & Why it’s Important to Know May 22, 2019
- May 21, 2019 SHE Media Partner Spotlight: David Leite with Leite's Culinaria May 21, 2019
- Mar 4, 2019 Partner Spotlight: Justine Schwartz with SheFinds Mar 4, 2019
- Jun 27, 2018 What is the Difference Between CPM vs. RPM? Jun 27, 2018
- Jul 12, 2019 Google News: 5 Tips on How to Get Approved Jul 12, 2019
- Jun 3, 2019 Did Google Update Their Algorithm? Google Algorithm Updates in 2019: Jun 3, 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 How to Optimize Your E-Commerce Product Pages to Maximize SEO Visibility Apr 2, 2019
- Feb 17, 2019 What is the Future of Google News? Feb 17, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 #BlogHer Health ’19 Panel Recap: It’s All About That SEO! Feb 8, 2019
- Jan 31, 2019 How to Keep Your Website Content Fresh for Better Search Traffic Jan 31, 2019
- Jan 29, 2019 Canonical Tags Best Practices for Publishers Jan 29, 2019
- Sep 27, 2018 Our Take on UberSuggest 2.0 by Neil Patel Sep 27, 2018
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash Sep 14, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Case Study: How One Publisher Increased Their Organic Traffic by Almost 40% Sep 6, 2018
- Jun 24, 2019 The Benefits of being instagram verified Jun 24, 2019
- Jun 23, 2019 The changing nature of influence – from Lil Miquela to Fashion Ambitionist Jun 23, 2019
- Jun 17, 2019 3 Tips to Make Sure Your Influencer Marketing Works Jun 17, 2019
- May 7, 2019 Instagram Unlikable? A Brief Analysis of the Impact of the Proposed “Unliking” of Instagram May 7, 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Top Pinterest Trends for 2019 Jan 3, 2019
- Nov 2, 2018 5 November Search Trends from Pinterest Nov 2, 2018
- Aug 30, 2018 5 Tips for Becoming a Mega Instagram Influencer and Creating Your Brand Aug 30, 2018
- Aug 30, 2018 Top SEO Tips for Beginner Bloggers Aug 30, 2018
- Feb 26, 2019 Installing and Configuring SHE Media Infuse Feb 26, 2019
- Sep 14, 2018 SEO Tools That Are Worth the Cash Sep 14, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Installing Your SHE Media Partner Network Ad Code Jun 29, 2018
- Jun 29, 2018 Adding a Leaderboard/Banner Ad in Blogger Jun 29, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Improving Viewability with a “Sticky Widget” in WordPress Jun 27, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Changing Your Publisher Network Blog Title and/or URL Jun 27, 2018
- Jun 27, 2018 Ads.txt for Blogger and SquareSpace Sites Jun 27, 2018
Becoming an Instagram Influencer is hard work, and building a large following takes a certain level of marketing know-how and finesse. Social users flock to Instagram for several reasons, but connecting with the brands they love and discovering new trends is one of the primary drivers, and while challenging, becoming an Instagram influencer can be both rewarding and incredibly profitable.
Here are 5 Tips for becoming an Instagram influencer and creating your own personal brand.
1. Define Your Niche and Brand as An Instagram Influencer
One thing we’ve heard time and time again from speakers at our BlogHer conferences is that if you want to build a solid following, you must be yourself. There are so many people out there trying to become an insta foodie or fashion icon, but nobody else can bring your personal authenticity to their page. You have the monopoly on that.
Take, for example, “CheeseCurlsOfInstagram.” On the surface, an instagram dedicated solely to showcasing artistic (and, at times, insane) photos of cheetos sounds, well, crazy. But they have a *huge* following, with over 35k followers. If chasing after MoMA-esque pics of snack food is your thing, you do you, girl.
2. Use Hobbies and Curiosities as a Spring Board
If you’re thinking about becoming Insta famous in the fashion world, you hopefully already have a deep passion for and understanding of fashion brands. In other words, whatever you already live and breathe, that’s what you want to chase after. Your excitement and back-of-the-hand knowledge will shine through every post, and will draw fans in who also identify with your love.
3. Create Content that Solves Problems
Whether you’re posting videos, links to blogs, or just photo content, quality content that educates or provides value to a user is going to elevate you above the rest as an Instagram influencer. Even more so if this problem is a niche problem to solve.
4. Be Consistent
Coming up with a content calendar and sticking to it will be a key ingredient to building trust and loyalty with your followers. Having a set time and day when you post will also generate excitement and anticipation for whatever pieces of content you’re going to post next.
If you create your Instagram influencer profile under a business account, you’ll have access to Instagram’s analytics platform to see what days and times your followers are most frequenting your page.
5. Engage with Your Audience
It is super important to interact with your followers. In addition to that, following accounts that are in your niche, or the ones that really inspire you is very important.
Commenting on a post or giving shoutouts to a fellow Instagram influencer that is post great content will help you in building a massive and engaging community.
Another way to increase your community is by staging giveaways. Not only will you attract new people, but you’ll also increase your account’s interaction and reach.